You will find a Forum Topic set up to match each of the Interest Topics on the Resource page. You can access that topic on the Forum directly from the Interest Topic photo square which also includes Resources for that Interest Topic. An alternative is to go to the main Forum page and select from the list of Forum Topics. Some of the Interest Topics have been set up in anticipation of future development. The discussions and resources will be added over time. As you visit each Forum Topic you can:
- • Subscribe to that Topic so you can follow all Discussions and Resources
- • Start a Discussion within that Topic. If you set a “Tag” you can follow that particular Discussion.
- • Provide a link to information that features the work your organization is doing in Africa
- • Suggest a Resource to add – African users will have knowledge of resources in Africa not known to those from the West
- • Search for a topic you are interested in by using the search feature available at the top of the page.
There is topic called “A Place to Suggest Additional Interest Topics” which can be used to suggest topics that are not in the original list. You can suggest an Interest Topic, start a discussion and suggest resource links. If there is sufficient interest in a suggested topic, it can be added to the Resource page. This way the resources available can reflect the interests of the users as they share and interact.
The Discussions and Resources posted can be in English, French or Portuguese. It may limit a certain discussion to users of that language. However, it will also free users to use the language they are most comfortable with. We will not be able to provide translation into multiple languages.
You may find you do not agree with all views expressed in forum Discussions. They are not endorsed by the Website provider. Users will come from various denominational and ethnic backgrounds with different levels of education, training and experience. It is expected that everyone will respect the opportunity to talk, share and pray together by posting in a courteous and prayerful manner. Any objectionable content or misuse can be reported using the “report” option provided any time a post is added.
A website manager will be reviewing the Forum activity and updating Topics and Resources as needed.